Wednesday, May 02, 2007

It's been awhile...

So I've neglected the blog for a bit, but hopefully I'll be able to remedy that. Look! Puppy pictures!




These were taken at Riley's Delta Society graduation back in March. I'm a little slow, obviously. Riley took his test on March 31, but unfortunately he didn't pass. The test is going to be really hard for him, just because he's pretty much by himself in a room (with me and the tester) and people walk towards him. The same for the neutral dog part of the test. Riley does great when he's out in public, I guess because the people are just part of the scenery...but if someone walks towards him, then they're obviously coming to see him. He got a little too excited when the neutral dog came in and whined at her. It wasn't aggressive, but they're still not allowed to vocalize. I'm hoping to get him tested again soon, but I decided to wait until I'm out of school and not stressed with all that. Next time I'm going to wear him out before the test, to see if that helps. Oh well. He's a good doggie, and I know he'll pass when he's ready.

School is going well, especially considering I'm done with classes! This semester's ending was kinda anti-climactic, especially compared to last semester. I had papers due throughout the semester, and everything lined up so that I had time to focus on each thing. It wasn't like last semester when I had 13 assignments in a month so I was counting down. All of a sudden, I was just done, and classes were over. I'm still doing internship hours, but I hope to have those done a day or two after graduation. I'm having to play catch up a bit, but it's all working out. I really love getting to know all my kids, and I wish I could've done more of this earlier.

I haven't been knitting as much as I would've liked, partly because I've started reading more. I recently read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, and now I've moved on to The Golden Compass. This is a re-read, inspired by the fact that they're making a movie out of the book. This scares and excites me at the same time. I love Lyra and Pantalaimon, and being the visual person that I am, I'd love to be able to see them. At the same time, book movies have the potential to be majorly messed up. Let's hope this is one of those movies that does the book justice.

I've been pretty tired lately, which isn't fun. I don't know how I managed to go to school all day every day when I was in middle school. Maybe I'm just getting old. =)

I went on a shopping spree this past weekend, which was great fun. For some reason they decided to do the tax-free weekend thing, which was nice, and people also had some big sales going on. I got some new pants, and even found a dress for graduation! This weekend I need to get shoes, because the ones I have gave me blisters again today. I'd rather not be hobbling across the stage because my shoes hurt. I have to process from main campus to Peabody, which is enough of a walk that I'll have blisters by the time it's over. I haven't decided if it's the style or the place I bought them that's the problem.

In other exciting news, my dad and I celebrated a milestone this weekend. Check out the odometer on his 1983 Nissan. It still has the original engine, too!


This is the car that I rode in on the way to school for years and years. It's been a good one, even without the power windows/door locks and air conditioning.



It turned the big 30(00000)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, thank goodness! I was beginning to wonder if that flu had done you in! Maybe that classes are out we'll see you out and about knitting again.
LOVE your pup!!! He's adorable.

knitting2relax said...

Glad to see you back among the mobile.
Did you change the name of your blog?
Best of luck with graduation!