Friday, November 04, 2005

Preemie Hats

So it's been awhile since I've posted. I haven't had much time to knit lately, thanks partly to grad school, and to my baby puppy. I love him lots, but he still takes a lot of energy. I've started knitting more when he's sleeping, instead of sleeping with him. =)
This hat was made awhile ago, but I forgot to post it. The goal was to make lots and to send them to the hospital, but that hasn't happened yet. Maybe someday I'll have a big package to send them. Here are two pictures.





In other news, I'm working on a sweater for my grandma. I'm using a pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd. I like that there are so many different options, as well as different gauges. I'm using a rosy pink color of Wool-ease. I would've rather used real wool, but I didn't know how helpful a nursing home would be to the handwash instructions. Plus, I'm poor, and superwash wool is way expensive, and I'd already started with the wool-ease before I thought about superwash wool. It looks like it's going to end up ok though. I'm only done with the lace edging, but now I have 15 inches of stockinette to do. It'll be good watching TV yarn.

No comments: