Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Step 1. Pass Screening

So, Riley officially is scheduled for his Delta Dog screening. His appointment is November 19 at 10:30. Knowing me, I will be crazy nervous, and probably won't sleep the night before. Basically, the Delta Society is a society of people/animals who are helping promote Animal Assisted Therapy.

Delta Society® Mission

* Improving human health through service and therapy animals.

Delta Society Goals

* Expand awareness of the positive effect animals can have on human health and development.
* Remove barriers that prevent involvement of animals in everyday life.
* Expand the therapeutic and service role of animals in human health, service, and education.

I found the Nashville group/ associated with the Delta Society. I filled out the form, and bam...Riley has a screening. If he passes, then in January we'll begin the 10 week long program to prepare the two of us for the test required for our certification. I'm really excited about this possibility, and hope that all goes well. Scott and I have really started working on "come when called," because that's an area where Riley's kinda lacking. He thinks he can come when he wants to, not when we want him to. He's done well so far, and I'm sure we'll have it down by November.

I've been knitting a lot on weekends, and already finished Scott's mom's Christmas present. I shipped off a present package yesterday, and I'll hopefully post a pic of that after the recipients indicate that they've received it.

Right now Scott's playing the Lego Star Wars game. It's awesome. It has a two player mode, too, which I like. Not many games now days have a good two player mode. I think I'm going to go knit and watch Scott play. I have pics I need to upload, but the camera's in the car. Maybe later this week I'll get around to it. Oh, and I've officially lost 10 pounds! Yay me!

No comments: