Saturday, March 03, 2007

For my Lime and Violet swap partner...

So unless you're my swap partner, please disregard this post (unless you want to know what yarn I like). I'll have a real post coming soon.

1. What kind of fibers do you prefer?
I like wool (like merino), but I'd also be interested to knit with some of the tencel or other blends. As to the color of the fibers (I had to get this in somewhere!), I'm not much of a red/pink person. I love blues and greens and purples, and have recently developed a fondness for fall colors (the muted reds/burnt oranges and such).

2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)?
Sock weight, please. Anything bigger than that makes my feet hurt (sad, I know).

3. Do you spin?
Nope.

4. Do you crochet?
Nope.

5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don't?
I don't think so...the ones I want aren't out yet. =)

6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum? yes, I'm in Project Spectrum, as well as socktopia. Yarn doesn't have to follow either of those though.

7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com? (provide a link)
All the books on there are psychology/counseling related, so that doesn't really apply here.

8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from?
I'm going to answer this question as "any stores," not just etsy stores. =)
I'd love to try some Yarn Pirate. I also love a lot of things at Sunshine Yarns (on etsy, and I'm in her sock club). RubySapphire is nice too, but I already have Julie and Julie Anne. I've also wanted to try Socks that Rock. Or, if there's a brand/dyer that you love, that works too! I'm all about branching out to new yarns.

9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)?
Not much else right now.

10. What is your favorite sort of scent?
I like "bakery" smells, like chocolate, coffee, vanilla, etc. I also like citrus.

11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best?
I sure do, except for the whole weight watchers thing. Some of those new Hershey 100 calorie packs are good though. A few pieces of chocolate or a bag of fruity candy (starbursts, skittles) would be ok, but I'd rather not get tons of candy. I have a puppy dog, so "dog sweets" is another option. =)

12. What kind of music do you like?
I mainly listen to country, and love Rascal Flatts. Recently I've been getting into podiobooks.

13. What do you like to knit? And for whom?
I like to knit socks, and I'm about to start on another sweater. I usually knit for myself, unless someone specifically asks me for something. I like knitting for other people, but I want to know that it's wanted before I spend the time and money making it.

14. What sort of things do you like to collect?
I collect miniature clocks, and love little things in general. I also like stuff that's Japanese related.

15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer?
Needles would be fine. I don't use DPNs, and so I'd want a 40 inch circular for magic loop. I've wanted to try out some of the Knitpicks needles. Size wise, I don't have any US1s, (haven't needed them yet), and I would be glad to get some more US2s.

I think that's it! Let me know if there are any other questions! I'm excited. =)

1 comment:

Sula said...

Jules! I've been watching those minutes tick down for you- a littel over 2 hrs. to go!

And if you survived and are reading this,

CONGRATULATIONS!