Friday, October 20, 2006

So...it's absolutely crazy how fast time goes when you're in grad school, working, and doing an internship. It doesn't seem like almost 2 weeks since I last blogged.
Since then, I've gotten new couches! They're dark blue, and Riley seems to like them. I found a greenie hidden in them the other day, which means that they're "official." Riley likes to put bones and greenies down in the corners, and I usually find them when I'm looking for the remote control. Riley seems to like the couches (and my jacket), which is good. I like them a lot, too! They're really wide on the sitting part, so I can sit cross-legged with no problem. Not having to deal with the back cushions is *awesome* as well. My old couches have found a new home in a condo my dad is renting to some of his friends.

Knitting wise, things have gotten a little crazy. I "finished" the back, and moved on to the sides. I have quotes because although I did my bind off and everything, I'm going to go back and frog most of it. I didn't do the best job of measuring, and it ended up being longer than it should've been. In turn, this caused it to use up a whole lot of yarn. I intended to make it a little longer than the pattern said, but I've now realized that the pattern length will be fine, even though the sweater measured for my grandma was a couple of inches longer. Plus, this should hopefully keep me from having to buy too much more yarn. I'm going to finish the front panels before I go to the back, because the front goes faster. I'm not looking forward to winding the yarn into balls though. I'm asking for a ball winder for Christmas, so hopefully I won't have that problem for too much longer. =) I'm really hoping this sweater turns out looking nice instead of just like a big pink blob.

In internship news, I had to call DCS yesterday. It was my first time to make a report, so I guess I'm fully initiated into the school system now. Let me tell ya, I'll be perfectly fine if I never have to do that again.

I have recently rediscovered Lois and Clark, the New Adventures of Superman. I remember watching this show religiously when I was in middle schoolish, and still remember how excited I got during one season finale (I can't wait to see that episode again!). I had (*cough*have*cough*) a huge crush on Dean Cain, and now I'm catching humor that I probably missed when I was younger. I also don't think I've seen any of the first season, because I only saw the ones with the second person playing Jimmy, and these have the original guy. And yeah, I'm a dork, but that's ok. I'm just excited that I have something that I really enjoy to watch while I knit. I have two seasons right now, and I know more are out. I may not be a big movie watcher, but I really like watching TV shows on DVD.

In Riley news, his screening is getting closer. It is now officially under a month away. That's kinda scary, and I know this next month will fly by. I ordered some grooming stuff for him, and I *love* the Mars Coat King stripping knife. It was kinda expensive, but it's so worth it. I can get handfuls of hair off of him in just a few minutes, and he doesn't seem to mind it very much. He still tries to eat it when I'm working on his front legs, but his back legs twitch when I brush on his sides. I think he looks a lot better after just two days, because I was able to thin out his leg hair. Hopefully this will help keep leaves outside where they belong. I think Riley was bringing in a tree a week with all the leaves that got caught on his legs and belly.

So I guess that's about it. I'm thinking about going to Vandy homecoming tomorrow, depending on the weather. If it's cold and rainy, then it's not gonna happen. I'll probably spend the morning knitting and watching Lois and Clark, and walking the puppy. I've slacked off on my walking this week (because of the cold), and I really need to get back into it (and get some warmer clothes).

Weigh in comes up again on Monday. Total weight loss so far is 13.4 pounds. We'll see what Monday brings!

No comments: