Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Holidays according to Riley...a photo journal

I realized after my last post that I didn't put up any pictures of what Riley's been doing lately.

First, Riley went to see Santa. He got his pictures taken, and even had a chance to meet a guinea pig! The lady that was in line before us had hers there for the picture taking, and Riley and the guinea pig got nose to nose and sniffed each other. It was really cute, and I wish I could've gotten a picture of it. But anyway, here is Riley's 2nd Christmas picture!

After Riley saw Santa, he protected me from my dad's evil cat. She and Riley *do not* get along, and Riley came and planted himself between me and the cat. I'm not sure if he was protecting me, or if he was hoping I had his back if she attacked him. =)


Before Johnson family Christmas, my dad fried a turkey. Riley obviously wanted his share.



This is how Riley spent a portion of the trip to Nebraska. Every time we slowed down he would look out the window to see where we were. Riley loves riding in the car, so the trip wasn't a big deal for him. He slept pretty much the whole time that he wasn't looking out the window.




This is where Riley decided to hide last night. He knew something was going on because I took his harness off. I think he knew that bath time was coming!


Tomorrow Riley and I will be making another trip to the nursing home before heading to Omaha for the night. We're hopefully going to visit with cousins Sandra and Micah, as well as hit a local yarn store in search of sock yarn. After that, we'll head back to Nashville via Arkansas. We're going to stop in Little Rock to see baby Ethan, the newest member of the Gunselman family. Hopefully I'll be able to get a picture of him in his knitted hat and booties.

Well, that's about it for now. I'm going to go work on the Ursula socks. I'm excited that I have time to knit socks again. Hopefully these will be done before too long. I can't wait to wear them!

No comments: