Monday, December 25, 2006

Where's my pink sweater?

I really can't believe that it's Christmas already. I remember when I was a kid and everyone was always like, "Oh, the years will go faster when you're older," and I was like, "I want them to go faster now!" Well, I've hit the point where they seem way too fast.

School is over for now. I made it through the semester, managed to turn everything in on time, and even managed to make all A's (and I passed internship). I really thought I'd have a B in my assessment class (and would've been ok with that) but I'm really glad that I got an A instead. This was by far the hardest semester I've had, and I'm really proud that I was able to do as well as I did. I stayed at internship a week after classes were over and was able to get all my hours in. I was sad that I had to miss a classroom visit for some of my favorite classes, but I was very glad to have that time at home.

I went to Marisa's wedding on the 17th, and it was nice to see some Lipscomb people that I haven't seen in a few years. There was a big SAI table, and I also got to see Alicia and Stacey from my Johnson days. Marisa and her bridesmaids all looked really pretty, and I'm glad that I was able to make it.

I spent the week before Christmas at my parents' house because of doctor visits on Monday and Tuesday (18th and 19th). On Monday I went to the sleep doctor to try and figure out why I'm tired all the time. I really liked him, and we have a sleep study set up for January 2nd and 3rd. Scott called it "sleep camp," because I'll be spending the night (so they can see if I stop breathing or kick or move around a lot) and then staying the next day to do a nap study. I'll have to go to sleep every two hours so they can see if I go into REM sleep and how fast and all that. I plan on taking lots of knitting, and they'll have a TV for me to watch as well. Maybe I'll be lucky and find a TV show marathon that I want to watch. =) Tuesday I had bloodwork done, which showed that my cholesterol is continuing to get lower. It was 154, which is the lowest number I've ever heard for mine. Yay for good drugs!

On Tuesday afternoon Cassie and I went to get our hair cut to donate to Locks of Love. I was really excited to finally get it cut, but at the same time I was really nervous about how it would turn out. It took me over 2 years to grow it long enough to donate. I like how my haircut looks though, and it's nice not to have crazy long hair that gets everywhere!

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday basically consisted of shopping and working on Grandmommie's sweater. I spent a long time at Threaded Bliss on Thursday, and got tons of help. I did all the shopping for this Christmas, as well. Let me tell ya, the mall was crazy. I really don't have a desire to go down there during the holidays ever again, especially at night.

Friday was pretty crazy. Riley got sick, so I had to take him to the vet on Friday. He got into some weird bacteria, and ended up getting checked for obstructions (during which Riley growled at the vet and let him (the vet) know that he (Riley) was *NOT* happy with the situation) and got two shots. I've been giving him pills 3 times a day and have him on a special food. Riley loves the special food, because it's soft. He scarfs it down as soon as I give it to him. He's also done really well taking his pills. I tried to put it in a bread ball, but he spit the pill out (which is exactly what I would do when I was little). Luckily, it doesn't faze him at all to have me put it down his throat. After that drama, I went with my parents to Cracker Barrel to see my aunt and uncle (my dad's brother). They were passing through during their holiday traveling, and I was really glad that things worked out so we could have lunch. At this point I need to give a big WELCOME!! to Ethan Douglass (their first grandbaby), who was born on December 14, 2006. Hopefully I'll get to see him in a few days!

Saturday was Christmas with my mom's family. It was supposed to be at my house, but it got changed to my uncle's house. I was really glad, because that kept a lot of stress off of me for cleaning and such. I made my chocolate peanut butter pie, and that's all I really did. I got to see their addition to the house, which was really nice. I got to see my cousins Aja and Rachel, and met Aja's boyfriend. After the party I stayed around and chatted with Rachel, and then watched Dreamer. It was a really good movie, and I'm glad that Rachel liked it.

Yesterday we set off to Nebraska to visit Grandmommie. We got a late start because of all the running around we had to do before we left. We stopped right after we passed through St. Louis in one of the shadiest places I've ever stayed. It did have a fridge and microwave in the room, but still. Today we finished up the trip and stopped in to see Grandmommie. A minute or two into the conversation my sweet, 84 year old, missionary for years grandmother turned to me and said, "Where's my sweater?" We all had a good laugh about that. She's gotten demanding in her old age. So, my mom went out and wrapped it up so we could give it to her tonight. She really liked it, and it seems to fit pretty well, too! Riley went in with us, and did a very good job. I could tell that it took everything in him to stay when I told him to stay (and not go up to people that were just walking by). A few people petted on him, and he promptly rolled over to get belly rubs. I think this week will be a good preview for how he'll be as a therapy dog.

Tomorrow the plan is to go to Country Kitchen to use a gift certificate that Grandmommie got for Christmas. Other than that, it'll probably consist of sitting and watching TV (and me knitting). I have some more pics to post, so maybe I'll do that too. I love the little motel place where we're staying...the sign said "Pets welcome!" and "Free Wireless Internet!" But anyway, it's time for me to head to bed. Grandmommie gets up at 6am (!), which is really early for me and my family. I figure her lunch time at 11am will probably be our breakfast. =)

Total weight loss as of last Friday: 21.4 pounds. This week is going to be hard because of limited selection, but let's hope I can stay as close to WW as possible.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: