Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Bingo!

Today I spent the morning and early afternoon at the nursing home. We got there around lunch time, and took Grandmommie to a private room to eat. After lunch we sat around for awhile and talked while I knitted on my Ursula sock. We went to Fit and Fun, where Grandmommie did some exercises with light weights and threw a ball and darts and such. She seemed to enjoy it. After that we headed to Bingo. The volunteers that were supposed to be there didn't show up, and everyone was getting cranky. At 2:31 Grandmommie was like, "Where are they? I'm ready to get started!" It was funny. Anyway, we played for about an hour. My dad and I gave our Bingos to her, so she can get a prize. After Bingo we said our goodbyes and headed out to Omaha.

So we drove just a little bit away from the nursing home. I saw one police car (probably the whole York department) sitting in the left lane with his flashers on. A car in front of us was waving out his window trying to get us to slow down. I had no idea what was going on, until I looked out the window. It seems a cow had managed to get loose, and was running around in the yards. I tried to get a picture, but he ran behind a house or barn or something before I was able to get one. That's definitely something I've never seen in Nashville!

When we got to Omaha, we stopped by Sandra and Micah's house (cousins on my dad's side). Riley got to experience REALLY BIG dogs for the first time. Tucker (a golden retriever) weighs over 100 pounds, and Smokey was over 80. I picked Riley up so he could be on their level, and he got used to them after awhile. He was trying to play with Tucker, but he wasn't really sure how to play with such a big dog. I laughed when Riley tried to sniff him though, because he had to jump up on his back legs to get up that high. =)

Tomorrow we're going to go to the yarn store/antique store, and to a ritzy pet store. Sandra said that it's really fancy and expensive, and that the dogs get to eat ice cream sundaes on a bar or something. I'm going to take Riley and the camera. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures if anything exciting happens.

1 comment:

Sula said...

Juliebear!

I'm so glad I finally found your blog again. I lost the link when I had my two months of computer woes, but I finally went back through the girlsof120 archives to find it again and I am SO glad!

Did you know I'm doing locks for love too?? How funny! You definitely beat me to the punch, though. My longest layer is past 10 inches, but I'm going to wait for the rest of it to catch up (the former bang layer is just now at my shoulders).

Love the me socks, LOVE Cherry Tree Hill, love Jaywalkers! I've made 2 1/2 pairs. They are simply fabulous.

I also love Riley! His Christmas pics were great. Gotta meet that boy sometime--no cats, though.

Did I miss the grandma sweater (hint, hint)?