Monday, January 01, 2007

End of 2006

So before I get to the New Year's stuff, I wanted to update about the end of 2006.

On Thursday (Dec. 28) we went spent a little bit of time running around Omaha. We stopped first at Personal Threads. They were having a sale, which is always good. I ended up buying two skeins of Trekking XXL (colors 109, which is a purple variation and 110, which is mainly orange but has lots of other colors in it too). I love the way the yarn looks...hopefully it'll make some nice socks!
After the yarn store we met Sandra at Luxe Pet Boutique. This place was really fancy. My favorite thing was the sushi squeaky toys. I would've bought them, except for the fact that they were $15.95. Considering how fast Riley can chew through things, I was afraid these wouldn't last nearly long enough to get my money's worth. I ended up buying some between-the-bath spray stuff that's supposed to clean them off without having to give them a whole bath. Hopefully that'll work well. This store also sells ice cream sundaes for dogs. I ordered one for Riley, and he got to stand on the bar to eat it. He wasn't too sure about it, and only ate about a lick or two of it. I tasted it, and it wasn't sweet at all. But anyway, at least I got some pictures. =)



After we finished in Omaha we headed to Little Rock, Arkansas to see my cousins Doug and Dixie and their new baby Ethan. He is so tiny! Ethan and I were 2 ounces apart when we were born, and it's just amazing to me how little he still is at 2 weeks old. Here's Ethan wearing his hat and booties. It looks like they both fit ok!
Look how precious he is!

After that we headed home. It was a long trip, and I was glad to be out of the car. I basically spent the last few days of 2006 laying around, watching football, and knitting.

No comments: