Monday, January 08, 2007

My last weekend day before the craziness begins again...

Today started late, since I stayed up so late last night. After I dragged myself out of bed I headed to the rec center. I met my mom there, and we rode the sit down bike thing. I rode for 45 min for a total of 5.5 miles. Yay me. I hope to start going on a semi-regular basis. I've been listening to my ipod, and I realized that I can knit basic stuff, too. I may start a pair of plain socks so I can knit while I ride. That would make it so much more enjoyable (me=addicted).

After the rec center I hung out at my house for awhile. Scott came and picked me up, and we headed to the mall. I exchanged some sweaters that were too big (nice problem to have), then headed to dinner. We forgot that it was Sunday, and all the stores closed about 15 min after we got there. Oh well. We ate at Macaroni Grille then went to wander around Barnes and Noble for awhile. That's where I found today's picture. It's kinda hard to see, because this shelf was above my head, but the three sets of books in the middle (the blue, yellow, and orange) are actually knitting mysteries. If they'd been longer I might've bought them, but I have a hard time paying $6.50 for a book that will be read pretty quickly. Maybe I can get them off amazon or something. I did buy a book called Wicked, which is supposed to be the back story of the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz. The play is on Broadway right now, and it kinda intrigued me. I think it's interesting to have this view of a character (such as how horrible she is) and then go back and read and understand why she might chose to act the way she does. Hopefully it'll be a good read. After that we headed to Dave and Buster's to play the horse game for awhile before our movie. We saw Pursuit of Happyness, with Will Smith. It was a good movie, but I thought it dragged some. I'm one of those people that needs to have a lot of stuff going on to stay interested in a movie. Will Smith's son is adorable, and they both did a great job in the movie.

I guess that's it for now. Tomorrow will be a busy day (especially considering I realized that I haven't gotten my textbooks yet...denial's really working for me). I also have to turn in my form to take the NCE, which is a huge thing that comes up in April. But then, I'll update about all that craziness tomorrow.

No comments: