Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

So, it's 2007. That seems absolutely crazy to me. Last night I went to Cassie's to do a murder mystery (where I was a knitting grandma who liked everyone), play the Wii, and talk. I had a lot of fun, and I totally want a Wii. I played bowling, and it was really cool. Riley and Sabin played a lot, and looked so cute snuggling together. Also, since I was the knitting granny, I got to work on my Ursula socks! I finished the knitting last night, and grafted the toe today. They're really comfortable, I'm excited to have a real pair of socks! I had a slight drama with the needles, which I didn't realize until I was almost done with the second sock. I got through the heel flap on the first, and decided that I wanted to knit them at the same time so I can remember how things work. So, I went and bought another circular needle. Unfortunately, the first needles I bought was a 3mm needle (which doesn't translate to American sizes) and the second needle I bought was a 3.25mm, or a size 3 in American sizes. So, one sock is a little bigger/looser than the other. It works out ok though, because my left foot is slightly bigger than my right anyway. I think I still could've gone down to 2s and been ok. I'm going to use 2s on my next pair and see what happens.

Today I did some cleaning and laundry, and made a Target run. That's basically it. I got up really late due to feeling yucky at 5am. After I finish updating, I plan to start on the Celebrate! socks. I'm using the purple trekking, and hope to have them finished by my birthday (hence the name). These fit with the Socktopia January theme, as well. Yay knitalongs!

Tomorrow night I have sleep camp, as Scott calls it. I have to go out to Spring Hill and spend the night in their sleep lab. The next day I'm going to have to take naps every 2 hours or so. They're going to stick electrodes and such to my head and see if they can figure out why I'm tired all the time. If there's something to find, I really hope they find it. I'm tired of being sleepy all the time.

Now for Resolutions (in no particular order):
1. Continue with Weight Watchers until I make goal, then maintain
2. Knit one sweater, one afghan, and at least 12 pairs of socks
3. Do a better job with cleaning
4. Invite people over (which depends on number 3)
5. Take more pictures

That's about all I can think of for now. Happy New Year everyone! May 2007 be the best year yet!

No comments: