Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So sleepy...

I've really been dragging today. As much as I didn't lie having classes after internship last semester, it actually helped keep me awake. I fell asleep for almost 2 hours earlier this evening, because I just couldn't keep my eyes open. That's really not fun. I would've much rather been doing something productive.

The day started off kinda scary. I walked to my car (which is pretty much outside my front door), and saw a cop talking to the lady that lives diagonal from me. Her parking spot is next to mine. As I walked around my car spraying my windows with the de-icer thing, I noticed that her passenger side window was broken in. That's the window on the side where my car is. Luckily, the only thing that was stolen was her radar detector. I'm really really glad they didn't chose my car instead, because all my purse valuables were in there. I've changed that habit (obviously), due to recent events. At the same time, it's kinda scary that someone was stealing things right outside my door. I don't know what I'd do if he'd decided to try to come in my house. It made me feel a lot safer to have Riley, because he'd bark his head off if someone tried to get in. I think I'm going to start making sure my cell phone is in my room at night, too.

Internship went well. I'm still feeling the "getting back into the swing of things" dragginess, but I hope I'll get over that. I think I'll be better next week when I'm in the classrooms. The drive home today took me right at an hour, which is ridiculous, but there's not much I can do about it. Luckily a new episode of Lime and Violet came out last night/this morning, so I could listen to that on the way home.

I called the sleep doctor today to see if my sleep study had been scored. It turns out that I'm actually in the severe range when I'm in REM sleep (and REM sleep is really important). They level of severity is based on how many apneas you have. I was told that their cutoff number for naming it "severe" is 30. My number is 43. It's not as bad as 70 or 100, but that still enough to explain why I always feel so tired. She also said that my oxygen level went down to 80%, and it's supposed to be at 100%. The next plan of action is to do my c-pap study this Sunday (basically the same study as before, except I do it with a breathing machine). After all that is submitted to the insurance, I'll get set up with a machine a day or two later. I am *so* ready to try sleeping with this machine, just to see if I really feel different after using it. Hopefully I will.

Today's picture is kind of a cop out. I didn't really have anything big happen that I wanted to remember with a photograph, so I decided to go with the cute puppy pic. He's so scraggly, and I really need to work on grooming his head. Doesn't he look so happy to be in this picture? =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck with your cpap study. cute dog!