Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy Birthday, Elvis!

I started off the day by actually getting up at a decent hour (meaning 9am). I walked Riley, then headed to my WW meeting. I got my 20 pound star, which was nice. Maybe in a week or two I'll get my 25 pound magnet. Hurray!

After WW I ran by Vandy to turn in my exam form/check, and to pick up my books. There was actually a parking space close to the bookstore (there's only 8 or 10 spaces, and they're usually all full), so I was able to get in and out a lot faster than I expected.

I headed downtown a little before noon to participate in the monthly knitting group that meets at the public library. Two of the knitters celebrated Elvis's birthday by either knitting Elvis hair or making sideburns that attached to their glasses. Ann wore the knitted Elvis hair while reading poetry that was written about Elvis. I forget exactly what was said, but there were some done in haiku form, as well as one titled "Elvis, Take My Hand." The tribute lasted about 2 minutes, because that's about all the bad poetry we could handle. =) I also won a book! There were door prizes, and my number was chosen. The book I chose was Threadbared: Decades of Don'ts from the Sewing and Crafting World. I didn't think I'd use either of the other books, and this one looked amusing. I also finished my sock while I was there! One down, one to go!

I checked my mail when I got home, and I had two packages! One was the jewelry scale I got off ebay (to weigh my yarn...a postage scale isn't sensitive enough), and the other was the custom order yarn from RubySapphire. I ordered the colorway named Julie (pink, red, orange, and yellow), and they created one for me called Riley (yes, dork. I know.). I love what they did with Riley's. It's muted colors, and has some light browns/tans in with some muted blues and greens. There's a bit of white in there, too. I love it because Riley's harness is blue, and the leash I use the most is a light green color, and then (obviously) he's brown with white on him. I think the yarn is really pretty in and of itself, and even better because it was made with Riley in mind. I even showed them Riley's picture as inspiration. I'm totally going to move on from this topic, because I'm sounding dorkier by the minute. =)

That's the big stuff that happened today. I also went to the store and got seriously ticked off because I wasn't able to turn where I needed to (due to a wreck earlier and police people working on the light). A little later I went to the rec center and rode on the bike again. I started reading Wicked while I was there. It's pretty interesting so far, and maybe it'll be good enough that it'll make me want to work out so I can read more. That would be nice. =)

Tomorrow is my first day back at internship. Right now I'm kinda dreading it, but I know I'll have a lot of fun once I get there. I think last semester burned me out so much that I haven't totally recovered...or maybe it's that I feel like I'm going right back into the same situation, even though I know it's not going to be. I'm sure I'll be fine once I get going and realize that it's not nearly as busy or crazy as last semester.

Two weeks until Heroes comes back! Are you on the list?

No comments: